The stuff no-one tells you, and usually find out the hard way.
- Pull without surging.
- Run rotating pace line drills and flick others through.
- Form an echelon furthest to the left.
- Ride through the top of a climb and don’t suddenly stop pedalling.
- Hold your line in a corner.
- Stand up smoothly and not throw your bike back.
- Give the person ahead of you on a climb a little more room to stand up.
- Respect the yellow line rule.
- Point out significant road problems.
- Brake less, especially in a pace line.
- Follow the wheel in front and not overlap.
The single most important rule is: Communication – Keep the riders around you informed!